How to Take Apart a Cooler Master Fan

  • Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the entire details in the Charles William Post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • #1
I require to lubricate the bearings happening a Cooler Master CM12V Fan. I'm not sure if that's the administrative unit model, but it says "MGA7012YRT15N RIFLE" on the back also. I took off the stickers, but there's nothing obvious (to me) indicating how untie the fan and ask it off. It gives quite a bit when I try to pull information technology out, merely I'm cautious of breaking information technology. Anyone with experience with this fan?

Thank you.

  • #3
Nevermind, I decided to junk IT.
SparkyJJO
  • #4
Most fans are the same. Take the label off on the bracket side (where on that point are the 3 or 4 climb posts going to the outside frame) and underneath there is usually a round rubber pad or plug. Remove that and you can see the shaft underneath with a locking ring (usually plastic) and some muck. If you have a twin of tweezers with an angulate end those work great, manipulation them to grab the formative thing nearby the slit (easier to remove at that spotlight) and pull it up. CAREFUL Non TO LOSE Information technology - they tend to spring out if you aren't careful.
Subsequently removing the fictile ring there might be a rubber eraser grommet underneath it. Remove that as good but be careful that you preceptor't mess it up. At one time you cause removed it you can slide the fan blades off. I practice a kleenex normally to wipe off the shaft, and so roll a turning point of it and puzzle it down in the mouth the hole where the shaft goes. Clean down all the experienced gunk.
Economic consumption some standard 3-in-1 oil and place a drop cloth on the shaft of the fan. Get it posterior in the fan trapping, then put the rubber thing back some the shaft, then the plastic ring. Easiest way to do the ring is to unmoving IT on top of the shaft then use just about needle nose pliers to get-up-and-go some sides of it down at once so that IT clips in place. Put another cast off of the oil inside, then put the rubber matter back connected. Reattach the mark if you can (sometimes the viscid stuff won't stick after removing it).
You should now have a lubricated fan :)

I've done this with galore umteen fans and it almost always whole shebang. Merely be predestinate to Non turn a loss any pieces.

Of course IT might just represent easier to put a new fan.

  • Advertisement
  • Cookies Policies
  • Privacy
  • Terminus &adenylic acid; Conditions
  • About us

How to Take Apart a Cooler Master Fan

Source: https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/opening-a-cooler-master-cm12v-fan.1936259/

Post a Comment

Postagem Anterior Próxima Postagem

Iklan Banner setelah judul